Social glue what it is it ....... Wine of course.
Wine is very tolerant - as are wine drinkers.
Beer drinkers are very brand conscious and loyal, so are whisky drinkers.
But #Wine drinkers are experimental and that's why I enjoy so much working in the Wine Camp.
Fights break out over which beer is best, but not over wine, there is a wine for everyone as I always say.
My last post focused on The Fonseca Reis family in Portugal, and other winemakers in Portugal like Pedro at Quinta Ameal, Vosco Croft at Afros and Quinta Nova in Duoro, Fonseca-Croft the Port champions.
They make wine for different price points and palates and nobody doubts the wisdom of this strategy.
In the past year I've travelled for wine and interviewed winemakers from the four corners of the earth.
Argentina, Chile, Italy, France, Austria, South Africa, Switzerland, Germany, Spain, Portugal, UK, USA. New Zealand, Australia, Turkey, Greece.
It's the same wherever I roam. WINE PEOPLE are so ready to share.
So just why is Wine social glue, *the subject of my social for wine workshops that I am running all over Europe. Subscribe here to get the announcement of when ill be in your town and book your place when announced.
10 Reasons why wine is Social Glue
1. We arrive into the world with wine *small bubbles are poured into glasses clinked together in our honor. Probably the first word we hear after we are born is CONGRATULATIONS!
2. We graduate with wine
3. We go on dates with wine,
......and if we are lucky, We lose our virginity with a glass of red wine in front of a fire.
4. We cook romantic meals and spend hours combing the wineshop /supermarket shelves for the perfect wine to pair with it.
5. We get promoted with sparkling wine - or Champagne - if the French have their way, which they often do.
6. We recover from breakups in the bath with a glass of wine and an iphone, to tearfully send sms and sos to our friends on.
6. We all get acquainted with wine sooner or later..
7. We get married with wine, divorced with wine, insolvent with wine, sign contracts with wine,
Get the courage to face our tax returns with wine.
8. We toast each other's success with wine. trade wine, invest in wine , collect wine, spill wine.
9. Even Jesus Christ found the need to turn water into wine.
10. Wine is as old as that other four letter word Love
and it binds us together through thick and thin.
To WINE ....... the social glue.... !
Sends me your thoughts here in a comment always welcome.